All Matches for "gluten free"
A New York City Ph.D. (ABD) who is Celiac continues his journey to gluten free fabulousness.
Recipes for those free of gluten, dairy, egg soy and yeast.
Descriptions and postings about GF Sourdough Bread
Great site with good food ideas. Elana Amsterdam is the chef and she a really good gluten free book using almond flour.
A place for organic gluten free recipes and tips for good living... changing the way America eats one cupcake at a time.
Gluten-Free Quiz is the leading non-invasive screening tool for people at risk for celiac disease. Free, fun, easy to take, and scientifically sound, the online quiz is now in version 1.2.
Created by professionally trained chef and practicing physician "ChefMD" John La Puma, MD, GlutenFreeQuiz gives you a Gluten Free Risk Score, and lets you print out your results to take to your doctor.
Try https://www.glutenfreequiz.com, and follow it on Twitter @glutenfreequiz
A detailed list with statements from manufacturers and common allergens.
Try these crunchy delights, perfect for your gluten free, wheat-free, sugar free dietary restrictions. Crusts are pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, flax seeds, dulse and more, dehydrated to preserve high enzymatic value.
We are having a fundraiser right now :
Want gluten free, dairy free, soy free, Vegan, major allergen free, and HEALTHY : Cookies and Muffins ? How about major allergen free, HEALTHY " goldfish" crackers ?? Vegan, dairy free, gluten free , soy n corn free, "cheesy" yummy-ness ???
Go here : http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/marvelousfoodco/great-tasting-allergen-free-healthy-foods-for-kids
and get your #GFCF goldfish type crackers and #glutenfree muffins/cookies #celiac #foodallergies #gluten #gf
There is plenty for everyone!! Come get yours!
These are blog posts from everyone:
Easy and delicious!
Light, crispy lentil chips.
Cute little rice pasta shells.
Just like the frozen burritos I remember!
Do you want pizza made exactly to suit your taste? Top these pizza bases with anything you wish, pop them in the oven and you have an original Italian pizza with a personal touch!:
Which restaurants in your city have gluten free menus on their web sites?
This mix is so quick and easy!
These gluten free pretzels offer more than just a cool name.
Tired of eating sawdust? Sick of rock-hard bread? Who ever said that gluten-free, allergen-free baking has to taste bad?
And now, for something completely different...
Ultra Fabulous Giveaway: Feed Your Hunger and Your Soul Win a fantastic selection of some of my all-time gluten-free favorites with a cause to boot!
The Celiac Restaurant Guide has added information on where to eat gluten free, at various vacation destinations in the US.Check out http://celiacrestaurantguide.com/holiday/
What better way to start the week than with free groceries.
Grrrr...I need progress!
We want to help you live your life with your condition, NOT let your condition live your life!
Despite most manufacturers taking the issue of celiac disease and gluten seriously and issuing clear statements regarding gluten contained in their products as well as issues of cross contamination for products produced on the same machinery, OLAY has refused to address these issues.
I realized that I never posted the return experience of my recent trip. How did Continental handle the return GF experience? Read all about it...
We are shutting down our website starting January 1st for a major overhaul.
Gluten sensitivity is a condition that results from a person's body being unable to properly digest the gliadin protein.
A place where affordability, adventure and delight are shaken, not stirred...
Hi my name is Mike, and I'm a recovering gluten-holic. My story is somewhat unique, because I do not have the typical "bathroom" symptoms like most people experience.
Going gluten-free in style high above the Atlantic. A review of Continental Airlines BusinessFirst GF offerings.
You can help your child have a great Thanksgiving Party in school.
I know this is not typically the time of year you would normally visit an ice cream stand but I couldn't wait to share this awesome discovery with you. Dairy Queen has a huge amount of gluten free items on their menu.
Enter to win a $25 gift cert to Storehouse Foods.
Today we are traveling to California to visit Yosemite National Park. The gluten free lifestyle is gaining so much momentum, that one of the most pristine location in America is taking notice.
One of our Canadian followers wrote to me and stated that she tried a Chicken Pad Thai entree last week from this company and said it was really tasty and well priced.
This is a compact gluten-free shopping, ingredient & product guide.
Finally a one Stop Shop for you to "Find your Perfect Match" within our Online Pantries for those who have Food Allergies or are searching for solutions to meet Specific Dietary Restrictions. No more endless searching online or within retail outlets, What You Can Eat can partner you to wonderful products Australian Manufacturers are offering and where you can source them.
Since only one of the "Jones Gang" kids are gluten-intolerant, sometimes he misses out on special occasion treats. This Halloween is going to be different and catered toward my little gluten-free gremlin.
Send your kids to their Halloween party at school and be worry free!
Where to find safe treats for your ghouls this year.
I thought that attending a fair meant I could not eat. Boy, was I wrong!
Can a Celiac and Shellfish allergy guy throw a fantastic Fête? Of course...
The anxiety of drilling an unsuspecting server over ever detail of what ingredients and preparation methods are used in a restaurant is daunting. Here is some basic advice on making the chore a little bit easier.
Gourmet gluten free meals in minutes! Portable, storeable, needs no refrigeration. Being gluten free just got easier!
A sure fire way to empower your celiac child as well as those who care for him or her in your home.
Feeling a bit CRABBY lately ... this may be the answer ...
Unbeknownst to me, a friend of mine entered me into a cooking contest. Luckily for me, it's a no-cook cooking contest. Today at 11am pacific time, I'll be participating in the Pavilions No-Cook Cook Off. I'll have 10 minutes and $25 to purchase pre-made foods, deli items, produce, or any item throughout the Pavilions grocery store, as long as it doesn't have to be cooked. Then I will have 25 minutes to prepare my no-cook meal. Since I'm going to make a gluten-free meal, we'll see how many options are out there in this newly remodeled Pavilions. Usually in a traditional grocery store, even a high-end chain, there are very limited Gluten Free options in the pre-made/deli section. I will give a full report after the contest today, but until then, send me good no-cook cook off vibes. I'm gonna need 'em! http://www.vons.com/IFL/Grocery/Home.
This is an instance where the rest of you are probably gonna think, "Well, DUH, Anna." I don't know where I got the mistaken idea that Tamari sauce is inherently wheat-free. Probably because in 2002, after being diagnosed with celiac, I went straight to Whole Foods and bought Wheat-Free Tamari. Then somehow I decided that tamari is soy sauce without the wheat. So for the past few months, I've been buying the San-J Tamari with the Black Label, at my local How's, thinking how lucky I am that I don't have to drive the extra miles to Whole Foods to buy a wheat free product. Today, fresh out of tamari, I head to How's, and the intuition kicks in to CHECK THE LABEL. The black label San-J tamari sauce is NOT wheat free, it is chock full o' wheat. I'm admitting this carelessness of mine in a public forum in ...
Taking a different approach--the human one--to dining out gluten free ... one that will serve us all better.
- INSTANT GLUTEN FREE MEALS (instant-gf-meals)
- StoreHouse Foods Gluten Free would like to introduce you to our unique line of delicious, INSTANT, GLUTEN FREE meals. Join this tribe to check out special discounts and promotions offered to GLING members by StoreHouseFoodsGlutenFree.com .
- Gluten Free Baking (gfree_baking)
- This is the community for all who love to bake using gluten free ingredients. If you have any questions or any problems that need to be solved, ask away, we will solve them!
- Gluten Free in Kansas City (kcglutenfree)
- For people in the Kansas City Metro area.
- Gluten free Down-under.New Zealand, Australia and the Pacific (gf_downunder)
- For all you gluten free peeps down under! We often feel a bit left out, on these big gluten free sites, so here is a special group just for us!
- Gluten Free Bay Area (San Francisco/Silicon Valley) (gf-sfba)
- If you live in this region, or are planning to visit, join here to discuss local haunts that are GF friendly.
As the mother of a child on the Autisic Spectrum and another child with Celiac Disease, I know how difficult feeding picky eaters can be. The added challenge of finding gluten free foods that our children will actually eat complicates matters even more.
StoreHouse Foods has a solution for you. We produce great tasting gluten free freeze-dried meals that are READY TO EAT IN MINUTES... just add water! Our quick n' easy gluten free meals and side dishes come in a variety of well balanced, kid-friendly varieties.
Our gluten free meals are portable, have a super-long shelf life, and require no refrigeration. They are perfect for quick everyday meals for school, work, babysitters, day care, traveling, camping, and emergency preparedness.
Visit the StoreHouse Foods website to order:
Storehouse is GIVING AWAY gift certificates! Becaome a fan on our Facebook page to be automatically entered:
I look forward to chatting with you soon...
celiac diet celiac disease easy gluten free food gluten free gluten free food gluten intolerance kid friendly gluten free food kid friendly gluten free meals portable gluten free meals wheat free food
When baking anything:
1. Always measure the ingredients and follow the instructions as closely as possible! Measuring imprecisely or adding extra steps to the recipe could cause the pastry to form incorrectly.
2. Use xanthan gum, (unless the all purpose flour already contains xanthan gum)! Xanthan gum helps mix liquids better together. It also increases the volume and the fluffiness of your baked goods.
3. Mix the dry ingredients together and the wet ingredients together. Then combine the wet ingredient mixture into the dry ingredient mixture.
When baking bread:
1. It is good practice to line your bread pan with parchment paper and extend it beyond the top of the pan. This allows the bread to rise above the pan without spillage and this will create a fluffier and lighter bread.
2. Using the correct amount of water is critical; it determines how “spring-y” your bread will be. Too little water will result in less spring in the bread while too much water will make the bread too moist.
3. Add dough enhancer to your bread dough to improve the texture.
4. If you are not using a bread machine, heat your oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit while making the dough so that the oven will be warm when it’s time to let the dough rise.
When making cookies or muffins:
1. Use an ice cream scooper, sprayed with cooking spray, to drop cookie batter or muffin batter onto a cookie sheet or into muffin cups.
At StoreHouse Foods, we take great pride in producing a large selection of delectable, INSTANT, gluten free meals. GLING members will be pleased to know that our instant gluten free meal selections are the perfect gourmet meals to enjoy as a quick, delicious, gluten free meal at home, at work, school, while traveling, on outdoor adventures and more! Our unique gluten free foods are storable, portable, and require no refrigeration, which also makes them a smart choice as emergencies preparedness meals for you and your loved ones.
StoreHouse Foods Gluten Free's instant gluten free meals are ready when you are... anytime, anywhere! Our gluten free meals travel light, need no refrigeration, have a super-long shelf life, and can be prepared in minutes by simply adding water. What a break through! Be sure to share this fantastic news with all of your gluten intolerant family and friends... they will thank you for it!
Take a look at the many types of mouth-watering gluten free meals that are available on StoreHouseFoodsGlutenFree.com:
• GLUTEN FREE MENU
• GF Meatless Entrees
• GF Chicken Entrees
• GF Beef Entrees
• GF Hearty Soups
• GF Vegetables
• GF Side Dishes
• GF Breakfast
• GF Fruit and Desserts
• GF Basic Ingredients
It’s hard to believe all of these delicious gluten free foods can be prepared by simply adding hot water… in about 10 minutes they are ready to eat!
If you are on a gluten free diet, you know what a big deal this is. Think of all of the ways StoreHouse Foods instant gluten free meals could simplify your life:
- Keep StoreHouse Foods instant gluten free meal selections in your desk or briefcase for a super quick, delicious, gluten free work day lunch. Just add water!
- Never miss a meal on an airplane again! Slip a lightweight, instant gluten free StoreHouse Foods meal pouch in your carry-on bag, and ask your flight attendant for some hot water. In just minutes you will have the best tasting food on the plane, gluten free or otherwise!
- When traveling, pack a selection of compact, StoreHouse Foods instant gluten free meal pouches in your suitcase. Now you can join your friends and family in every restaurant! Simply request hot water from your server and you’re all set. Staying in a hotel or RV while traveling? StoreHouse Foods instant gluten free meal pouches can be prepared in no time by adding the hot water from a coffee pot!
- StoreHouse Foods portable, instant gluten free meals are perfect for camping and hiking trips. They are lightweight and easy to slip into a backpack. Heat your water over the campfire for an easy, satisfying, gluten free meal.
- For quick everyday meals, simply choose one of your favorite StoreHouse Foods instant gluten free meals from the economical canister. Take as much or as little as you need from the reseal-able canister to serve your family a tasty, gluten free main dish or side dish they will love, in just minutes!
-Send pouches or canisters of your gluten free child’s favorite StoreHouse Foods instant gluten free meals with them to overnights at friends and relatives houses. This will help ensure that they receive a safely prepared gluten free meal, with out the risk of cross contamination, and will take the pressure off of the host.
- Why not let the babysitter prepare StoreHouse Foods instant gluten free meals for your child? Nothing could be simpler!
- Send pouches or canisters of your gluten free child or college students favorite StoreHouse Foods instant gluten free meal selections to school with them. Whether your child is in pre-school, college, or any grade level in between, StoreHouse Foods Gluten Free makes following the gluten free diet while away from home a piece of cake (gluten free cake, of course). ?
- And let’s not forget, a storable, gluten free, family food system is invaluable in the face of natural disasters and unexpected emergencies. Let our Emergency Preparedness Experts customize the perfect gluten free emergency food system for you and your loved ones.
At StoreHouse Foods Gluten Free, we know how challenging living gluten free in a gluten-filled world can be. Let us take the food worries out of your travels, work day, social events, daily meals, and emergency planning.
We are here for you! If you have any questions simply leave a comment or contact us on StoreHouseFoodsGlutenFree.com.
We would like to offer GLING members:
FREE SHIPPING and 20% off ALL of our gluten free food selections (any size)! To purchase visit StoreHouseFoodsGlutenFree.com Use COUPON CODE TWEET20 at checkout. OFFER GOOD THRU 10/18/10
Check back here often for DISCOUNTS and PROMOTIONS on StoreHouse Foods Gluten Free instant meals!
The StoreHouse Foods Team
celiac diet celiac disease easy gluten free food gluten free gluten free emergency food gluten free emergency preparedness foods gluten free food gluten intolerance instant gluten free food portable gluten free meals wheat free food
As the mother of a child on the Autisic Spectrum, I know how difficult feeding a picky eater can be. The added challenge of finding gluten free foods our autistic children will actually eat complicates matters even more.
StoreHouse Foods has a solution for you. We produce great tasting gluten free freeze-dried meals that are ready to eat in minutes... just add water! Our quick n' easy gluten free meals and side dishes come in a variety of well balanced kid-friendly varieties.
Our gluten free meals are portable, have a super-long shelf life, and require no refrigeration. They are perfect for everyday meals, traveling, school, work, camping, and emergency preparedness.
Visit the StoreHouse Foods website to order:
I look forward to chatting with you soon...
Gluten Free Baking Tips